Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Winter Depression

I'm sitting here looking out the window at work and it is just pouring snow. I hate the snow, the cold, the icy roads, the unattractive paleness my skin gets, the dry and cracky hands, how I feel like I've gained 20 pounds because I have so many layers on, I just can't handle the cold. I have been in Utah almost 5 years now and winter time i get so sad. Yeah it's fun when it rains and that first snow fall to go play in it. But the problem with Utah is that there is a never ending snow fall, I could do snow 1 day not 5 months. Summer and Spring is so great it's warm the sun is out and I just can't help but to smile the majority of my days. Winter though makes me lazy. I don't want to go out and do anything because it's to cold but I don't want to just sit at home because I hate just watching TV for hours. I'm stuck in the middle during winter time in Utah and I can't handle it. Maybe if I dressed like it was summer then summer time would come, just maybe though. It' snowing harder now and miserable. Our neighbors above us go to Florida for the winter and I think I may go with them this year. Yesterday the news said it was 80 degrees in Florida, that is amazing! Sometimes I wish I was in the Truman show because they can control the weather, that would be the greatest thing ever. Maybe when I'm done with school we should move somewhere warm all year, but just as cheap as Utah. Maybe just maybe all these things could happen...yeah right only if I had the blue genie from Aladdin. So my winter depression has started, 1 day down 150 to go ( give or take).

Snow Snow go away
Don't come back another day
Stay tucked behind the clouds all year
Oh Please, Oh Please bring summer back here

5 comments:

The Alvords said...

AMEN! I get in that same winter/snow funk every year. I HATE living in UT during this half of the year. BOO. I think we should all just move back to LA.

Tami said...

Hello...Can you say ARIZONA! 84 today! I LOVE this time of year! C'mon down--and in the summer, you just hang out by the pool--or in your COOL house or car. We'd love to have you! (Been trying to talk your parents here for years...but CA is just too perfect--summers are even great. Did I mention home prices are way down as well??? Just saying...

j said...

Um...move out of Utah. Emily and I are going to hang out at the beach next week for our anniversary. See, no snow. And you don't have to deal with all those nasty Mormons.

The Lotts said...

I agree! And Logan is worse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a very mild winter.

Jen Coccimiglio said...

See, I am the exact opposite! I thought yesterday was the greatest day. I could live with snowstorms happily every day. well, spring and fall are nice breaks, but I do not love the heat of summer. although, i only officially have one pair of pants that work, and so i'm having to do a wicked ton of laundry. pregnant bellies sure do wonders to your wardrobe options. maybe i should go to walmart and invest in a winter mu-mu. would you still be my friend?