Friday, November 7, 2008

Day Off

So yesterday i decided to take a day off of work. And even though I didn't work I was busy all day ( much to my surprise). I thought I would have a lot of study time and just sit infront of the TV, but nope it was the opposite. In the morning I went to an elementary school until 12 to observe a classroom for one of my classes. I watched a first grade classroom and it was awesome. It's like I was back in school again. I already had a girl starting rumors about me and then made firends with another girl. SO why observing I heard one girl say, " I know Mrs. Tori, she lives by me and I always see her making out with her boyfriend". I mean come on girl give me a break I was only in the room for about 20 minutes and I already had a hater. Well then i hung out with a cute little girl during recess because she was sick. here is how our conversation went... " What's your name?" I responded with " Tori" and she says" wow that's a beautiful name". It was the highlight of my day. I felt nervous walking down the halls because the big kids scare me, I used the little kids bathrooms because I didn't want to ask the teachers where their's was and felt like Buddy the Elf when he goes to the bathrom ( you know because you are clearly 2 feet taller than the door), I ducked the whole time I was in the bathroom so no one could see me. I'm glad I made a friend and am real glad I'm not in elementary school anymore because I like not having rumors about me.



So after the school day just did my usual routine and then we went to the UTah vs. TCU game. It was great ! It wasn't very cold either ( thanks to my new jacket), considering the snow storm we had the day before. It was a lot of fun, plus we won in the last 47 seconds so that was exciting but I have come to a conclusion that football games are made for TIVO. They are so long and you just do a lot of standing around and the clock is just so slow. SO even though I am very happy we went I think I'll watch the next one at home. The only 2 sporting events that I can handle live are soccer and basketball. I know some people may think, in soccer there isn't very many goals being made...well that's true but it is 90 minutes of constent play and excitement, unlike football where there is 4 hours of game and 1 hour of play.
I just love having a day for myself adn not worrying about having to hurry everything so i can get to work or school on time. and these are pictures for the game...--> Everyone rushed the field at the end ( sorry we didn't bring our camera so it's a phone).

2 comments:

Kettle Family said...

my kids were heartbroken when they saw you put joes nephew on your blog but you have yet to brag about them

Jake and Kim said...

Sounds like a fun day! I teach kindergarten so if you ever need to teach a lesson or read to kids or whatever, let me know! Except I work WAY out in West Jordan so it's definitely a drive. And kindergartners won't spread rumors. They will just absolutely adore you.