Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just a couple of thoughts

1. How great is riding on the back of a shopping cart( I tried finding a picture but no dice). You know what i mean putting one foot on the back bar of a shopping cart and pressing of with the other foot. No matter how old you are it always makes your grocery shopping days that much more fun. I walked into Walmart today and first thing I see was ( and I'm not exaggerating) a man probably in his 60's riding a shopping cart. It was the greatest thing I have ever seen. So next time your grocery shopping and your having a bad day, just get on the back of a cart and ride that cart like you've never ridden it before.


2. I have forgotten my planner today. Now that may not seem like a big deal to some but to me it is driving me crazy. I don't have a ton of stuff going on but I just have to have it. For 2 years I have written everything I eat down and the points it's worth ( except on Saturday and Sunday). I mean I can keep track in my head but actually seeing it written down feels so much better and now when I get home I'll just have to write everything down. Everyday I do just about the same thing with an occasional curve ball here and there, but I love checking it off once I complete. I don't know why but without my planner I feel incomplete ( no offense Joe I feel incomplete without you too).


3.We are leaving for DC in 19 days! I am so excited. Everyday I look on Marriott to see if there are any better deals then the one I got and it just gets me more excited. I have to get in the best shape possible. You may ask why? People only get in shape for tropical vacay where your in your swim suit all day, but getting in shape for DC is important. I am pretty sure we'll be eating PotBelly's all week. It's a sandwich place and I'm pretty sure it's not healthy like Subway, plus you get the most amazing dream bars and cookies there I can barley stand it. So am I excited for DC? I'd say so!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

The kids think I am so cool when I run and then ride the shopping cart (with them in it!) Almost as fun as Disneyland. Okay, maybe not THAT fun, but as close as you can get in the parking lot of a grocery store.

It works really well at Costco because the cart is usually really heavy and the parking lot is slanted downward towards the rain drain in the middle!

Wendi said...

I love riding on shopping carts, too. Best upload this picture because this lady is riding on the back of a target shopping cart and it is pretty funny. ;) shopping cart pic