Monday, July 7, 2008

You May Say I'm a Dreamer

...The title really doesn't have anything to do with the post I'm just listening to that song...

Oh how I love long weekends. This weekend started off just right on a Thursday. After work Joe and I headed up to Park City for the night. He was playing in a volleyball tournament with Scotty so we decided to make a trip out of it. Thursday night Daniel and Caitlin stayed with us and we ate at the Pizza place on main street. It was so so good. We got a BBQ chicken pizza and the BBQ sauce was so sweet. After that we were lucky enough to see some fireworks at the canyon resort. We took a little ski lift up there and we had some awesome girls in there with us. As we were getting closer to the top you could start smelling all the good food that was being cooked, or according the girls they smelled the " disgusting calories" while they were drinking some beers. I don't know about you but I'd take a big fatty BBQ over some beers which both probably have the same amount of " disgusting calories". It was the quote of the night for me. They had some live music that we danced too and then a fun firework show, it was a great night. Leaving wasn't very fun because there were so many people with short tempers and road rage so getting out of there took quit a bit long.






The next morning we woke up nice and early to get ready for a little volleyball. Even though it was like 90 degrees it was overcast so it wasn't too bad sitting outside all day. Joe and Scotty played until about 3 pm and then we headed home for some good ol traditional 4th of July meal... Well maybe not so traditional but it was so good. Joe's dad made his spaghetti sauce over some rigatoni which wasn't a bad idea because he didn't have to stand outside over a grill in 100 degree weather. Frankie makes the best pasta sauce so I was quit content with my Italian 4th of July meal. That night we went with Court and Josh over to Murray park for some fireworks. And the show was really really good. The fireworks were huge and it was kinda a long show. I'm so glad I got to see fireworks 2 nights in a row!


Sunday Joe left for a brothers/ mom trip to the narrows so I am now home alone. but last night was real fun. My friend Julie from home had everyone we grew up with who now lives in Utah over for some dessert. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone. We all grew up together starting from like primary and I just love reminiscing on old times. I'm so glad I went on over to her house because I haven't seen any of them in a long time. The sucky part was going home that night alone. I locked both locks on our front door and then locked myself in my room. I have the hardest time sleeping alone ever since I've been married. I woke up like 2 times and one time I was convinced someone was trying to get in my house I was about to call Joe at like 3 in the am but then I just calmed myself down and slept with the phone in my hand. being alone sucks and I hope Joe comes home sooner rather than later.










2 comments:

Julie said...

I know last night was too much fun! And I must agree that reminiscing was a crack up. We really did have some good times...And I HATE sleeping alone too ever since we got married. It's just not the same and you never feel very safe. Well I am so happy you made it because it just wouldn't have been the same without you! Love ya tor tor! :)

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

That looks like you had alot of fun! I hate sleeping alone! I feel your pain. When do they get back? Tuesday? Luckily Chris couldn't miss work so we stayed in St. George so he could visit customers and then we got home last night. So he didn't go with them. So I didn't have to be alone this time. :)