Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mo Money, Mo Problems

... I think that's how the sane goes, Of course I could be completely wrong considering yesterday I said, and I quote" at the drop of a dime" which doesn't make any sense really. Anyways I thought I had to document this guy trying to recruit me on over to Costco today. So I work at the marketing office for Park City Marriott's and at night we have telemarketers who try to sell packages and basically I just confirm calls put in paperwork and take incoming phone calls. So today a guy called saying he received a call last night from this number so I told him what we were about, how you do a time share presentation and get $ 100 at the end and so forth. Well I guess he thought he would inform me that he makes $250 an hour and his wife was a MD and to go up to Park City on his dime and listen to what we have to say for only $100 in return was just not worth it. Which I guess makes sense, and he was very polite the whole time by the way. So then he felt it was his civic duty to let me know that I shouldn't be making less than $15 and if I am I should move on over to Costco. Because Costco you start out at $15 and can make as much as $28 an hour. He always went on to tell me how great the benefits were and the vacations you can take and on and on how great Costco was. He just kept telling me that if I ever wanted to quit or if my husband wanted a new job to give him a call and he could get me into Costco with out a problem. I mean I'm not the kinda a person that really works for money. All the jobs I have had were not very high paying but they got me by and with commission at Marriott it's not to bad. It's funny because I stress about money ( I'm trying to get a little better and Joe says I no longer am in charge of finaces, since I'm sure I took about 10 years of my life stressing about it)and having enough to pay for everything and being comfortable, yet if I could work where I do now with great co workers and it's just real relaxed but not make tons I would take that over high stress high paying job. But anyways it was just funny that this guy talked to me on the phone for at least 20 minutes trying to switch me over to Costco. So if any one is interested in Costco I go the number.... AAAAAHHH YEAH

1 comment:

Kelly O. said...

I just read an article the other day about working for Costco and to clarify one thing, making $15 an hour at Costco doesn't mean you get/have to put on a shower cap and cut up burritos for free samples all day--those people are hired by another company, not Costco, and only make $8 an hour. Sad, huh. Free lunch though :)