Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I do love CA but this has gone too far

Everyone who reads this blog knows that I grew up in California in the Santa Clarita Valley. I loved growing up there! I loved riding my bike everyday down to Lucky's and get a soda and hang out at the park. I loved that we could just play outside and climb our hill for hours and no one had to worry about us being safe. I loved the weather all year long and how close everything is. Even though it may take an hour to get to the beach I loved that once I got my license my friends and I could just drive down to the beach every weekend and relax. Yes everything about Santa Clarita was amazing, but now it has taken a turn for the worse. Yes this is a true story but it has gone from SCV to Awesometown...PROMISE! That is so embarrassing how can you look at a place called Awesometown and take it seriously. Even though I love California I am glad I moved before it turned into high society people living in Awesometown. Yes when I went home last week I found out the news and was embarassed but had to laugh at the same time. Whoever decided to name to place Awesometown, should really reconsider looking into another line of work

LOOK...it's even on their website and they have billboards of it!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What!!??? I haven't heard the news yet! What has happened to the town we have grown up in!? I feel embarrassed too. This is pretty hilarious. Seriously? I think I'll still call it Santa Clarita thank you.

Jess and Jason Apperson said...

So embarrassing huh? Jason has seen billboards down in the valley for Awesometown and gets made fun of by his coworkers all the time. Technically, it's a marketing campaign to promote Valencia only, so Santa Clarita as a city is technically off the hook. Too bad Jason and I just moved from Saugus to Valencia! I am totally going to write a letter to the editor in the Signal or something to express my hatred for the Awesometown campaign.