Monday, March 8, 2010

Lesson 2: Crying Works

In this story I think there is a lesson for kids and parents. Parents, don't tell your children to do something if you really don't want it done and kids if you're getting yelled at try crying ( usually works when daughters do it fathers and sons do it to mothers).

I'm pretty sure I was around 3rd or 4th grade when this happened. My family had a DohBoy pool and what that is, is an amazing above ground pool 4 feet deep all away across. Though it was kinda ghetto I loved swimming in it every summer. My dad would work so hard to keep it clean in the summer time, but when winter came around sometimes it would turn green. This specific time it was green with tadpoles which soon became frogs.

One night I was playing with Logan, Ryan and Shannon and my parents were going out. As my dad was leaving he said if you could get the pool blue then I'll give you 100 bucks. Of course as kids we decided to do it without any hesitation. We climbed in the frog infested pool with buckets and starting throwing the water out of the pool. As an adult now I would never even think to get in that pool because of all the germs but as a kid 100 bucks was like 1 million.
*Side note if the water got below a certain point in the pool the lining would shrink and the whole pool would be ruined and we would have to get a new one. Father should have mentioned this before the emptying of the pool started.

So we kept emptying the pool for some time and then once we thought we had enough frogs and green water out we put the hose in and started filling up the pool with pretty blue water. We went inside and my mom and dad came home some time after. I was so excited I told my dad that the pool was filling up with blue water and that we owed us 100 bucks. My parents went outside to sopping wet grass and a pool that was very close to being ruined. As my dad began to yell at me all I could think of was to cry. I cried and he wasn't mad anymore. From that point on I learned when in doubt cry.

No comments: