Wednesday, June 25, 2008

High School Reunion

Well last Monday I got an e-mail from my friend Kathleen saying that everyone is getting together Friday night because Becky is moving to Portland for the summer. Well I haven't seen every one (besides Jacque) since my wedding and I really wanted to go. So I looked and looked for plane tickets and they were just to expensive. Well I came home last Wednesday night after work and Joe said he had a surprise for me on the table. He bought me plane tickets to go see my family and friends and I was so excited I called all my friends. I flew out Thursday and got back Monday, which I was a little sad about because that's 4 nights without Joe and I have never done that before, but I made it.

Friday night I got together with my closes girlfriends from high school and went out to dinner ( picture soon to be updated). It was so much fun sitting and talking about the good old days, and about today. It was like we never skipped a beat. I miss all my friends from California, it's like we were all meant to be(that sounds a little weird, but seriously it's true). We have never fought with each other, we are different but all fit together so well. I really wish they would just move to Utah because it doesn't look like we're moving any time soon.

Besides being with my friends I got to spend some time with the parents. It wouldn't be a complete trip without seeing a movie, my dad loves going to movies and it has rubbed off on me. We went and saw Get Smart which I recommend because it was pretty funny. My mom and I got some of the worst pedicures ever. Not the paint job but the experience. My mom had to wait for like 1/2 hour and we didn't even get our feet massaged. They just slapped some lotion on our legs and sent us on our way. Needless to say they most like talked about us, in Veitmenses of course. I love spending some time with the family too.

Even though I felt sad about leaving Joe for so long I think he was quite alright with it since his days were full of golfing every day I was gone and lots of Euro cup.





4 comments:

Shari said...

Tori-Sounds like you had fun but I know what you mean about missing your man! I still miss Tim when i am gone (even after 26 years of marriage!) I love you Tori Beth

Julie said...

Fun times Tori! I'm glad you got to go down!

The Alvords said...

Fun! I miss all of those girls. I wish I could have been there.

cspangler said...

Hey Tor!!!!! You mentioned that you had a blog when we went to dinner... but I had no idea that it was so pro! You are a crazy blogger.... I love it!!!! Anyways, I had such a blast hanging with you when you came to CALI (gross...don't ever do that again). I really hope that we don't have to wait another year before we see each other again. I really miss you. I think that we are all in agreement that we will never meet or come as close to the kind of friends that we had during junior high and high school. I always tell Cole that I feel so lucky to have such amazing people as friends, even if I don't get to see them that often. Take care my love!