Monday, December 22, 2008

It's a Festivis Miracle

This weekend was amazing. I didn't even think about not having a job because we were so busy, until today that is. But that's alright it's just a little Christmas break right now.

On Friday night the Coccimiglio's went to dinner to one of the best restaurants ever( Thanks Dave and Jen). It is called Cucina Toscana and if you live or are visiting Salt Lake you should defiantly go. The food, the service, the atmosphere, everything was awesome. All the pasta is fresh hand made the day of. The owner is the cutest old Italian man that just walks around and talks to everyone and makes everyone feel important. I just wanted to take him home with me. My new favorite Italian (not to be confused with Mexican, Red Iguana is still my fav) restaurant is by far Cucina Toscana.

On Saturday I started off with my sister doing a favorite things party. She made a delicious tortilla soup topped off with an amazing dessert, brownie obsession from T.G.I. Friday's. If you like your brownies and chocolate you should get it because it is delicious! Tyler had all her sister-in-laws and mother-in-law there and she gave us a bag full of all her favorite things. Just to let you know Ty I have already used my Oxy Clean thanks to some fab bruscetta spelling on my white jacket.

Saturday night the Coccimiglio's had a surprise birthday party for Frankie It was so much fun. Frankie had all his old friends there and it was seriously like a kid in the candy shop. He had a smile on his face the whole time, it was priceless.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, it was a busy fun weekend but I just didn't want to get my camera out to take pictures so hopefully I'll get some from the sisters.

I can't believe Christmas is in 3 days. That just doesn't make sense. I do have to admit I was watching The Grinch the other day and started to get a little teary eyed. Not because of the movie but because I just realized this is my first Christmas without my family in 23 years. That is really sad to me and even though I know I'll have a good time with Joe's family, it's still a little different. Even though growing up he always made fun of my dad for all his traditions and nonsense, I kinda miss it now. I"ll kinda miss the train set, and the same questions my dad ask while video taping us before we get to see the presents, the sausage casserole and the oranges in my stocking. Well i guess that is just part of growing up, I'll just have to wait until next year.

3 comments:

The Alvords said...

Yeah not being with your own family on Christmas is the worst thing about being married. Even though you love your in-laws it just isn't the same not being with your family. Good luck.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Hey Tori! It was so nice to meet you this past Thanksgiving! You are so adorable & I love your blog! This post hits home for me too--my first year with the Spiker's was hard for me! I cried even! (pathetic yes?!) They are so great but it didn't matter, it was just so different! It gets easier & better..I promise!! Anyway, I wanted say hi!
~Mari

Julie said...

I can definitely agree with the whole not being with your family. As you know it was my first time away from my family too. I got teary eyed a couple of times both on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. It's just not the same...but next year we will be with them! :)

p.s. I miss seeing your family's christmas card! They always make me laugh!