Friday, October 31, 2008

2 vs. 22



Here is my cute little nephew Will ( Stole picture form Jen's blog). Cute Will is allergic to almost everything, and everyone in the family is real careful what to feed him so he doesn't get sick. Last night we had a Halloween party and I was just amazed by Will. If mom said not to eat something he knew it would make him sick and he wouldn't eat it. No fit, no crying... nothing. That was really amazing to me. Maybe it was so amazing because a 2 year old is smart than a 22 year old. Me on the other hand gets sick every time I eat crap, but I can't help it! Recently I have been doing real well in not eating candy or to many sweets and my stomach has been loving life. But then when I get around to many sweets I am like a fat kid inside and binge on the treats. And last night I didn't even binge I had 1 piece of cake and a " fun size" ( I put fun size in quotes because everyone knows fun size candy is too small to be fun) box of nerds and my stomach starts to kick in. I knew it was going to make me sick, but I did it anyways. I just don't understand that Will knows don't touch the fire it's hot and I can't understand that even getting to close to the fire well burn me. Jen and Dave you got 1 smart 2 year old! I don't know why I eat treats because my stomach really does go into the worst pain I have ever felt. My whole body gets goose bumps and it's like and the badness is just stirring up inside of me. I hate it and I wish I learned at 2 what is OK and not OK to eat.

3 comments:

Jen Coccimiglio said...

tori...thanks for the props to my buddy, Will. i am personally quite fond of the kid. you are right, it makes it so much easier to manage when he doesn't get worried and upset about what he can and can't eat. i think it makes it 100 x easier that he never has eaten the stuff to begin with, so he doesn't know what he is missing. he does have a great, great attitude about being different, food-wise. in fact, i don't think he even notices! we are lucky. thank you for helping me remember that.

we had so much fun last night! i think you just might be in charge of "pass the pumpkin" every year! i'll be your music wing man for that game, too! it is always SO GREAT to be with ya! and that cake was so adorable. seriously, you are a jackpot!

love, jen

Jess and Jason Apperson said...

Hey Tori! Just thought I'd letcha know that I too have always had major stomach issues. I went to the doctor a few years ago and they found out that it was my gall bladder (which needed to be removed, it wasn't bad though). I also was put on a medication that allows me to eat pretty much whatever I want, as long as it is in moderation. The point of this isn't to scare you, I just wanted to say that if you haven't already, you should definitely visit a doctor and find out if there is anything wrong with your digestive system that can be fixed. It was well worth it for me! I totally feel your pain girl. Hang in there!

Adam & Samantha said...

im the same way! i have no self control when it comes to Halloween candy and I always get sick. i hopeb you get better!