Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Brush, Rinse, Repeat

I should be at the Jazz game but I thought I'd do the responsible thing and stay home and do homework. So I started to do homework but then it lead me to thinking that I haven't updated in a while, so that's why I'm here. My life has become repetitive and I might go crazy. I was looking at my planner and every day there is the same things to do: class, homework, gym, scriptures and repeat. I wish I had something new to do each day but when something new does get thrown into the mix I have homework that blocks it. I have never had this much schooling and I want to cry everyday, I want to quit everyday. I only have 1 more semester after this and then I am done but sometimes I don't want to even finish, my life has become boring. We don't even vacation anymore because of how much schooling I have and since I don't have a job that leaves us broke after our bills are paid for the month.

And then days that I want to give up ( everyday) I think that even though this sucks right now, I'm pretty lucky to even go to school. Instead of bitching I should just suck it up and be grateful. Everyday I try to start off grateful and then somewhere in the day it gets lost. I'll just have to try again tomorrow, maybe throwing some gratitude in the day might mix up my routine.

8 comments:

The Alvords said...

I know how you feel. Our lives really are great and we don't have anything to complain about compared to the rest of the world. Somehow we get busy and bored and forget these things. I get in ruts like this all the time. What helps me is taking a day off to spend with Josh and having nothing to do, just for that day. Service also helps, even if it's bringing cookies to a neighbor or helping someone with their groceries. I hope you can find something to spice things up soon.

Shari said...

Don't give up Tori Beth-you will be so glad when it's finished that you stuck to it!!! I love you and I am so proud of you and your accomplishments!!! And you have a great husband to share your life with-yea!!!!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

I feel your pain! Life has gotten so crazy lately with school and work. It makes it so hard. Now I am working full time again so it had gotten even more busy. Oh well one day I will probably look back and wish I was in my situation again...well I'll keep telling myself that. :)Hand in there it will all be worth it in the end! Good work!

The Everts said...

I totally understand about having a repetitious schedule. Everyday is the same. Like you said, at least you get the opportunity to go to school. I wish I could but we can't afford for both Fred and I to be in school at the same time. You'll get through it and then look back and be so grateful for being done. Good job Tori!! And like Shari said, I love you and are proud of you too!

Jodi Nelson said...

When you are in school, there is just ALWAYS things to do for school. Homework and reading is never-ending. But you are SO close!! And that is so awesome. And will be that much more rewarding when you do finish. If you didn't finish, years down the road you'd look back and say "i was so close, why didn't I just do it?" what's a jazz game anyway?? will you remember missing this one jazz game?? probably not, but you will always remember getting your degree especially when it was very hard to do it. hang in there friend!! those things on your to-do list are all great things and you will be blessed for doing them.

Photo By Emilie said...

Chin up lady. Here come Emilie to save the day. Can't wait to see you Friday.

Melody's Voice said...

Tori, I understand what you are saying. I remember my last semester of college I was so busy, and I didn't ahve time for anything, plus, I was planning my wedding my last semester. But, stick with it girl! I speak from experience that all of your hard work will pay off and you will be so proud of yourself in the end. What are you studying to do?

OUR HAPPY FAMILY said...

Keep sprinting- the finish line is in sight! =) Especially with just one semester left. And when you're not in school, you'll have moments when you'll think, "I kind of miss school" and others when you'll think, "It is so freaking awesome I don't have any homework to worry about."
Try to enjoy the now- and you will SOON reap the benefits! (I think I got that from a fortune cookie. JK)