Tuesday, July 29, 2008

...and I well stay with you

Yesterday was our 1 year anniversary! Can you believe it, it went by way to fast. I was telling Joe that at this rate we are going to have kids, then grand kids and then be dead before we know it. The first year of marriage is interesting. It's not hard it's just a great big learning experience. The one thing I learned the most was compromise. Joe isn't going to want to do everything I want all time and I for sure am not going to want to do what he wants but I learned that it's better supporting and being their for Joe then arguing about it. I was in charge of planning our anniversary so I put the compromising into place. We started our day at the driving range ( for Joe of course). We hit a bucket of balls and even though it was hot we were in the shade so it wasn't that bad. The best part about hitting balls was watching Joe's face as he concentrates. He presses his lips together and his forehead gets all wrinkly, it's the best serious face I've ever seen. After golf we headed off to sushi, which is always amazing. Then to Batman. I love seeing movies, I guess I got that from my dad. I could watch movies at a movie theater all day I just think it is the greatest thing ever. Throughout the day we would ask each other what the best memory about our first year of marriage or dating was. So after dinner I decided to go one by one and name a memory ( a good one of course) that we had of each other and I wrote them down so we would never forget. Joe was a good sport at first but once he started saying naming "inappropriate" things I new he was done so we ended it there.
I am so in love with Joe and am so thankful for his compassion and patients with me. I think I have marriage down for right now, it really is about compromising, I think that makes both of us happy and both get to do what they want. When kids get thrown into the mix i well probably need to learn quit a bit more but that's not for like 5 years according to Joe.

* 1st stop... driving range
* 1st bite of our year old cake
*City Creek Park where Joe proposed

5 comments:

Photo By Emilie said...

Congrats on 1 year you crazy kids!!!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

That looks like so much fun! I am so glad Joe found you and that you are apart of family now! I can't picture it with out you now! :) You guys are as cute as ever! We love you both!

Brooke and Matt: said...

I can't believe its been a year!! You guys are so perfect together. It sounds like you had a great day!

Shari said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are so cute and I am glad you have learned so much this first year-that will just make it that much better in the years to come!! Love you Tori Beth!! Thanks for the night in Newport-it was just what we needed-you're the best!!!

Julie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! i can't believe it's been one year already! Wow I can remember it like yesterday...dancing and gettin down on the floor at your reception. woo woo. Anyways I love you and I love the two of you together!