Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Curse You Jalapeno

A couple of months ago I made this Indian dish that requires some jalapeno. After I cut and seeded the jalapeno I of course washed my hands. A couple hours later after eating with our friends I rubbed my eye and apparently there was still some stupid jalapeno on it because it shot through my eye. It instantly went down the right side of my face and numbed my whole right side. So I learned my lesson from then on I always wore those plastic dentist gloves while cutting hot peppers. Well last weekend we had friends over to see our new place and I made the same Indian dish ( it takes like all day to make and Joe is obsessed with it, so only when he is good is when I'll make it JK). I didn't use gloves because I was running late and with moving I just wasn't sure where they were. So I was extra careful all night making sure I didn't rub my eyes or even itch my nose. If I had an itch I had Joe do it. I washed my hands several times throughout the night so I thought I was safe. Well here comes bed time around 12 and I go to take out my contacts. Son of a B-sting there was still jalapeno on my fingers. Luckily not too much and Joe flushed it with water so I could still feel my face. So yes Jalapeno 2, Tori 0 and no matter how big of a hurry I am in I well not cut super hot peppers until I have my dental gloves on.

No comments: