Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I know I'm pregnant but...

this is totally how I feel. I know I know everyone gives the compliments "no you look great, you're not even showing, you probably won't show forever", but no matter what anyone says there is no beating around the bush, I'm getting fat and that is that. I know I'm pregnant and you're supposed to get fat but I just wish that the belly would pop out at once rather than this gradual pudgy to pregnant look. Right now I'm in the stage were if I haven't seen people in a while it's like " Damn Gina have you seen Tori she has gained a couple pounds." I guess I'll have to just wait until the pudgy round look goes away and a belly starts to pop. Besides the uncomfortable round look pregnancy has been great so far. I haven't been sick at all, a little tired and pee like crazy but as I come to the end of the first trimester the sleepiness is slowly going away. Oh and if you're thinking about getting pregnant I'm going to inform you on something that I was never informed on. You may think you'll get a full nights rest until your third trimester but don't be fooled. The full nights rest stops when that little sperm and egg meet. You well constantly wake up in the middle of the night to pee. So if you are ready to not get sleep for the next 18 plus years then you're ready to be a mom. Yes, I decided 18 plus years of no sleep because I think I well never get any sleep with any amount of kids. Since no one warned me about waking up every couple of hours since the beginning I am just preparing myself for 18 years of no sleep that way if I start to get sleep before then, I well be oh so happy.

7 comments:

Bowman's Beach said...

I hate the fat stage of pregnancy too!!! I was so excited when strangers noticed I was pregnant , and not just fat! It'll come sooner than you think, almost overnight.

Nickell said...

It really does happen over night. I've also noticed it started happening sooner with the second. It's weird. Also I'm super jealous that you haven't been sick. But not jealous you wake up in the night to pee. That's one thing I've only had to do 2 or three times. With this one and with Kade. I just get really restless at night, I toss and turn and feel like I'm not ever sleeping. Ah the joys of pregnancy.

Brooke and Matt: said...

I know how you feel! I got up a ton to pee in the first trimester, but got a break from it in the 2nd! So you have that to look forward to! The 2nd trimester is great cause you get some energy back and don't have to pee nearly as much. But... sad to say the third trimester has been even worse with the peeing and then you have the uncomfortableness to add to it! So enjoy the 2nd tri when you get there while it lasts!! I need to see your cute bump soon!

Jake and Kim said...

haha this post is great!! Congrats by the way!! That is such exciting news! I am due right after you and Courtney.. But yeah I think I'm running out of rubber bands to hold my pants closed..and it's funny to see people staring at the 'pooch.'

The Everts said...

Haha everyone hates that stage, but then before you know it you'll be huge and dying and so ready to have your body back or at least the little pudge. :) I'm sure you look so adorable. I kept thinking with Ethan, ugh, I'm getting so fat!! Haha

The Alvords said...

Amen on all levels! I wish someone had told me about the peeing and the sleepless nights. It wouldn't have changed my mind but at least I wouldn't have been surprised. I too am ready to just look pregnant instead of pudgy. I'm going to the Dr today and I'm hoping she tells me that any day I'll just pop. P.S. I wish I looked like you- you look way better than I do right now.

Nickell said...

Oh another thing you may not know of, that people don't really talk about. Maybe they have to you but anyway, the skinnier you are before you're prego the more you'll gain. Just try and remember that it would be extremely unhealthy for you to not gain any weight during pregnancy. It's part of the process. Also if you keep working out during the pregnancy it will be easier to lose the weight than if you do nothing. Just don't work out an unhealthy amount. In this case, gaining weight is good. It's hard to see it happen still but yeah, anyway.