Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Catching up with Ohio

So I've been busy since I have gotten back from Ohio but I thought I'd do a little update. Ohio wasn't as bad as I thought. I saw a lot of movies by myself but that was much better than waiting in the hotel room by myself. It's funny cause people in Ohio don't think it's that great. A couple of times our shuttle driver would tell us that nothing in Ohio is life changing. Well I want to tell you some life changing things that we did in Ohio.

1. Franklin Conservatory: Chihuly art exhibit. This was amazing! Chihuly is an artist that blows glass and this picture is all glass. They had huge chandeliers, clear ceilings with all sorts of glass inside; it was awesome. We sat and just watched the video on how he makes them and it's unbelievable how people can just handle that hot glass and make it into any shape they want to. I suggest that if he has an exhibit that comes to where ever you live you should defiantly see it.







2. If you blow up the picture the sign Joe and I are pointing out says " Please check yourselves for hitch hiking butterflies". Enough said... Life Changing.








3. Luckily Real Salt Lake was playing against Columbus so we were able to make it to a soccer game on Saturday. It was weird rooting for the away team but still fun. When Real scored we were the only ones that jumped up and cheered. In fact it was so quite in the stadium that I thought we didn't make it. Good thing we did otherwise I would have felt even more awkward then I already did...defiantly Life Changing.







4. OK this picture for some reason wouldn't flip, but I ate at Bostons like 3 times in 5 days. And they have the best ever Flying Buffalo Chicken Pizza. It was really the best pizza ever! I even found out they have one in Layton so I may need to take a drive up to Layton.


5. The last but best of all Life Changing events in Ohio was the zoo. Columbus zoo was rated
number 1 zoo in the nation. This picture is Joe's all time favorite picture. We for reals so these monkeys just relaxing and helping each other out. Besides these awesome monkeys we saw a baby elephant that was the cutest thing ever, a couple baby monkeys and Joe got bit by a bird. Apparently birds don't like it even you try to hold them without actually have food in your hands. Joe can usually talk anyone into anything but I guess animals are a little different.
* Life changing not literally meaning life changing just fun things to do.



1 comment:

powell811 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.